Description – This 6pc set is for using as a straight edge and / or as a rocker tool for determining if a particular fret is higher than the other two around it on your musical instrument. It has lots of other uses as well. It is made out of aluminum and measures 1in tall x 1/16in thick and have the following lengths:1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4in. It is manufactured by dedicated ASPS hard tooling that makes for precision straight lines. It works with almost any scale length you can think of.
Note: This item ships by standard postage and will not show a tracking number because of its very low cost.
Some features of our Fret Rockers include:
1. We have free domestic shipping and lower cost.
2. Only Fret Rocker available with diamond honing option.
3. 100% backlight / straightedge inspected for flat-ness.
4. Lowest International shipping rate of $2.75.
5. Much easier to fix if you nick an edge than our competitors.
6. Softer edges meaning less possible marring of frets.
7. Made in NC, USA preventing the use of any foreign child labor in this product.
8. Consumes at least ½ the energy to manufacture than our competitors. We use green energies and recycled packaging whenever possible to reduce our carbon foot print.
9. Our Fret Rockers are made by dedicated hard tooling. (Not CNC technologies which use a zig-zag cutting pattern.)
Note: Fret placement on musical instruments are often done by hand and misalignment of the frets as measured by the edge is only an indicator and may not mean a defect in the quality or workmanship of the instrument(s) being checked.
Tolerance and Maintenance – These edges have a tolerance of about .001in. If you use this item a lot or if you nick an edge you may wish to ‘refresh’ the edge. It contains an aluminum alloy that can be reshaped much easier that other alloys. The edge can be refreshed by lightly running the edge on almost any file. The straightness can be seen by shinning a light behind the edge while it is on a flat surface. It is possible to make the edge .0001in or straighter using this method. If you bend it, it can be straightened by tapping on the backside of the bend with a light hammer and a piece of wood on the aluminum.
- Straight Edge for Luthiers Tool, Guitar Neck, Instruments, Bass, Un-notched (48in)
- Straight Edge for Luthiers Tool, Guitar Neck, Instruments, Bass, Un-notched (24in)
- Straight Edge (Aluminum Flat Bar Stock 1.5 in x 18 in, 1/8 thick, 1.5in, 1.5 in, New)
- Straight Edge for Luthiers Tool, Guitar Neck, NOTCHED, 24.75 / 25.5 Scales FS!
- GIBSON Straight Edge for Luthiers Tool, Guitar Neck, NOTCHED, 24.75 / 25.5 Scale
- FENDER Straight Edge for Luthiers Tool, Guitar Neck, NOTCHED, 24.75 / 25.5 Scale
- 6 PC Straight Edge Rocker Leveling Tool Kit for Frets - Luthiers Tool,Guitar,USA
- “Mini” Fret Rocker
- Type II Fret Rocker
- 19” Beam
- 4” T-sander